Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Friday, April 1, 2011

April is Poetry Month. Celebrate!

April is Poetry Month. Celebrate! Hey, it’s April. That means it’s Poetry Month. Isn’t that as good as a field of crocuses? Read a poem every day. It’s amazing what it can do for your writing, your mood and your soul.

Check out Academy of American Poets. Sign up for their Poem-a-Day. You can do that just for April is you want. And there’s an app for that. Check it all out here.

For today, the first day of Poem-A-Day. I got The Fish by Elizabeth Bishop and in the mail yesterday I received the National Poetry Month Poster. I hung it in my office to inspire me.

To Celebrate write just one haiku a day. Here's mine:
Wooden time-worn fence
turned silver.
Spring begins its echo.

No comments: