Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

For the Holidays

We can never know what is around the corner of our tomorrows. As so often happens, it is unrecognized treasures. Some sink; some float. We can never tell which will do what until the water hits. The water hit this year and I’m still afloat. A bit worse for wear, but I feel better every day and I’m going to embrace that.


I have wonderful friends and family around who have kept me afloat when I couldn’t do it myself. I’m back to walking my dog two miles every day. Just a few months ago I couldn’t walk to the bedroom.


I’m writing again and feeling excited about it. Writing has become its own reward. It better be. Odds are against me right now, but that’s ok, too. I will never underestimate what I can do again. Instead, I’ll look back on how far I’ve come already. It’s what I do everyday anyway, that counts. That’s what gets a book, essay or poem written. That’s how you get well. That’s how you live.


I’ve come to realize how blessed I am. I never want to forget that. My life will never be perfect. As Annette Funicello said, life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
Wishing for peace, love, and happiness for all of you.




Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Jan Harris Smith said...

I stumbled across your blog tonight while doing a search on Susan Goldsmith Woolridge - I have written technically for years but am just getting back into creative writing - I enjoyed reading your encouraging words in your blog - thank you, Jan