Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Temptation

Shocking…and ruinous. I wouldn’t have expected temptation from such an upstanding business, but there it was in my mailbox. All bright colors and clever details. Temptation. Irresistible temptation. A fine nationally known business, my enabler. I know, I will give in, but worse, there was with the temptation, encouragement to pressure someone else into this terrible, wonderful addiction, too.

A coupon from Office Max: $10.00 off any $30.00 purchase, plus a coupon for a friend. Huh, that’s how they get you.

Later today,( I’ll resist. I will get my edits done, first. I can control myself that long) I’m gone. I’m partaking of a whole store full of supplies. I’ll wander. I’ll touch, and I’ll find just $30.00 worth of happiness. That’s all. It will be enough…for now.

I hope.

And I’ll give that extra coupon to a child. It’s best to lure a child into this kind of lifelong addiction. I just can’t decide which of my grandchildren to tempt, but I will tempt one of them.

No comments: