Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Friday, February 4, 2011

Godsends for Febraury 2011


Wow, it’s been months since I’ve done a Godsend blog. That’s the thing, isn’t it? You just get so busy you fail to notice all those wonderful joys and graces that make life great. You’re so busy living you don’t take the time to have a small gratitude moment.


And it’s true, I’ve really been head-down focused on finishing the editing on Tie-down Man along with Christmas, the New Year and all the family, cooking, gifting that comes with that. There have been two family funerals, which should remind a person how fleeting life is, but doesn’t always and of course, my mother’s needs to manage. Still, I know there have been some Godsends. This morning sunrise, for one.


I did mention a few wonderful books I’ve read, Godsends for me. But the one thing I promised I would do with each good book I read was write the author and let them know. I haven’t done that. And I promised myself when I was sick that when I got better I would take note of those Godsends. It’s important. Here I am months since I’ve done it and I feel a bit disappointed in myself. Not for all I’ve accomplished. I have done well, but for things I let slip by without taking a moment to appreciate.


So, for this February Godsend:


• Discovering a ledger with my entries from 1983-1985. A small revealing glimpse inside my
family from that time.
• The rereading of an old manuscript I should never have given up on.
• The kindness of Kaki Warner’s encouragement and information.
• Help around the house.
• A good movie, popcorn included.
• A bouquet of tulips, yellow, of course.
• Decluttering my office. Oh, what I’ve found.
• Stories about loved ones I’ve never heard before.
• I can almost see spring, honest.
• Pink and red and hearts taking over the stores color scheme.

No comments: