Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Little Godsends(1)

Little Godsends:



What are Godsends? They are mini-windfalls. Serendipitous finds. Things or events slipped under the radar that most of the time we fail to notice. We have to be present to receive them. There are hundreds of these that come to us every day. How many do you actually see?


Some of mine:



  • Kitty kisses.



  • My neglected garden finally a snow-shrouded fantasy.



  • A conversation with my granddaughter(I don’t think either of us understood a thing the other said, but it was the best conversation I had all week).



  • The hollow, wooden caw of a crow bidding me hello on my daily two-mile walk.



  • Flannel sheets.



  • The next-door neighbor boy shoveling my driveway and sidewalks.



  • Magpies stealing nuts from my walnut tree and joined by a morning glory blue Scrub Jay.



  • The lacy cross-hatched tracks of chickadee’s scattered across my snow-covered patio.



  • Sunlight slanting across the fresh snow, mid-morning.



  • Hersey's Kisses Hot Cocoa


Find some Godsends of your own. Write them down. Treasure them.

No comments: