Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

For the record:

The news around here (KSL.com and KSL-TVNews) is covering a story about what will be new rules for bloggers reviewing products, books, movies and the like. If we're compensated in anyway we have to disclose. As of yet, I've never been compensated. (Would I want to be? Hell, yes. What I earn from writing (monetarily) is just pitiful. Truly.

I pick and review the books, movies, etc. randomly, which I'm sure shows as I tend to have varied, eclectic taste. For blue sakes, I even include out of print books on subjects and authors I rarely hear anyone even mention. That's how I like it, too.

I think of my mind as a child's or my dog's. Can't stay on a subject very long if something more interesting comes along unless...I run into something that happens to burrow deep and really hook me. Then, I concentrate on that until I wear everyone around me out. Like my dog with her nose to the ground, taking in all the wonderful smells until she finds that one. You know, that one she (usually a pole) can't be dragged away from.

No comments: