Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Goal

I have a new goal. A simple goal. A tiny, little, bitsy goal. Attainable. Something I know I can do. Something I can do every day. One I think anyone can do. I'm reading a book right now: Rewriting Monday by Jodi Thomas and the hero-Mike McCulloch has secrets and tamped down dreams. He writes one sentence in his journal every day. Just one. That’s all he can manage, but he does that.

I can do that. Anyone can. One sentence. It reminds me of the six-word memoir. If you can condense your life into six words, you ought to be able to find one sentence for a journal entry. No subject requirement. Doesn't have to be profound. Doesn’t have to be about your own life. Just a sentence. One.

February 24, 2010 entry: From my window, I watch snow falling through a curtain of purple violet blooms, and I just can’t be sad.

See. One sentence. And a challenge.

No comments: