Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Monday, June 7, 2010

1st Pictures Worth a Million Words







The lilacs...over mostly, but while here I had their delicious scent. Lilacs are forever linked with my mother and the beginnings of summer. I wanted them in my blog a month ago, but the SD card reader on my computer broke.


My tree peony. The petals are like sweet satin, but when I tried to bring a broken branch inside so I could enjoy the blossom instead of just throwing it away I couldn't stand the strange musky water scent. How can anything this pretty smell like that, but then, I guess we've all met some of those type.

The Japanese Maple at the corner of my house just keeps making me smile. It reminds me of a little bird sheltering her chicks, the way it huddles over the Veronica and rock cress.



And finally, my snowball bush. It's growing into it's own. For years we had to stake it up as the blossoms would get too heavy for the trunk or branches. Now, it makes a lovely white umbrella to walk under as you pass through my back gate. I love the blossoms snowing down on my head and the shade it provides for my glider.



No comments: