Why I Quit RWA

The complete answer to the RWA survey that was sent to me when I did not renew my membership.  Why should we be in such seperate h...

Thursday, July 8, 2010

July Windfalls and Then Some

Freezer replaced. Waiting delivery. Temporary tooth in. Waiting permanent. And surprise, neither cost as much as expected. A tiny windfall.

The hardest part was losing the prepared meals, but I have a turkey thawing out in the fridge…so Thanksgiving in July. And broccoli growing. Turkey Divan.

If you’ve been reading my blog for some time, you’ll remember my basement flooding a year ago January. My husband has wanted to send a camera down our house pipes (kind of a house colonoscopy) ever since to see if my beautiful and ‘sentimental’ (When we first moved into the house, my grandfather lamented the lack of trees in my neighborhood. When he died, he bequeathed each of the grandkids $100 from his estate. I spent my money on trees: two walnut, four birches and one Sycamore. With one thing and another only the walnut trees remain) trees were causing blockages. We’ve argued over taking them out since the basement flooded. Well, they’ve been vindicated. No blockage, but…there is always a but, isn’t there? The pipes have joint damage. We need them relined. The tiny windfall gone.

I did enjoy finishing Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner in the shade of my beloved trees this afternoon though. A wonderful novel. A ton of wit and charm and truth. Loved it.

And finally, July Windfalls:
· Fourth of July parades and BBQs
· Time to read…finally
· Delphiniums blooming next to my windmill
· The sound and smell of Rainbirds® hitting hot pavement
· Afternoons naps
· Working on my novel on the patio on my laptop
· Yard sales
· Little girls in sundress (Oh, how I wish I could still wear them)
· Yellow Swallowtail butterflies on my daisies
· A handheld paddle fan and the memories it evokes (grandma sitting on a church bench in the airless meeting hall, her rhinestones glittering rainbows on the ceiling, and knowing she had five flavor Lifesavors© in her purse. I’d get them if I were good.)

No comments: